So Many Dog Trainers, So Little Time!
Before you can decide what dog training program may be right for you, you should interview your potential dog trainer to see if you fit together. This person should be a professional dog trainer with experience in more than one technique, lots of happy customer references and more than one method or tool in their toolbox. It is just as important that the trainer evaluate you and your pet before promising anything or quoting you prices. Some programs we offer are:
Puppy Head Start
This program is for puppies from 10 weeks to 6 months.
Call us for critical free advice to you regardless of the trainer you choose!
If you plan on taking your dog places, socialization to the environment, people, and then dogs is a must. Puppies are the most receptive to new things up until 16 weeks when the opportunity to create a “bomb proof” dog begins to diminish.
This puppy program is held privately one-one-one with your trainer. If you desire personalized attention or have concerns about your puppies exposure to others, this program is for you.
Puppies do not yet have the attention span for formal training such as ‘stay’ or ‘heel’ on a short leash until they are closer to 6 months of age. But there is so much to do including potty training, crate training, house training, how to deal with jumping up or biting and chewing. We will also teach following on leash, socialization, sit, lay down, come when called, and so much more. Includes 3-4 lessons at our beautiful location , written instruction, videos, plus unlimited telephone and email support.
Now offering Puppy Group Classes outdoors! This is for people looking for controlled socialization. Please click here for class info beginning 01/04/2021.
Proven Three-Week Program
*This is our most popular course!*
Let us have your pet Starbucks ready in just 3 weeks!
This positively based program is for owners who desire a superior dog obedience solution or problem solving but have time constraints or lack the ability to self train.
This course is airline approved professional obedience and includes completion certificate.
Here, we do the dog training for you during the day at our beautiful location in Westlake Village, and then teach you enough to maintain it! With this course you’ll achieve the results of board and train, without the cost or drawbacks of sending your pet away.
- Pets are home with you nights and weekends to prevent stress to your pet.
- The money you save is the cost that is normally associated with boarding your pet nights and weekends while training elsewhere. Here, we only keep your dog during the day like kids that are dropped at school.
Achieve the basics of advanced dog obedience PLUS most problem solving in just three weeks. Includes:
- 36 lessons for your dog.
- 3 one-hour owner/handler lessons.
- heel (walking at your side with a loose leash).
- sitting automatically when you stop walking.
- sit-stay, down, down-stay and come from 15′ with distractions.
- go-to-place, drop-it etc.
- first-time responsiveness
How do we do it?
- Dogs practice calm behaviors outside in the real world, and right along side of other dogs.
- Parental lessons begin as soon as day 4 in order to ensure transfer of new behaviors to home.
- Dogs are transitioned off of treats by the end of the course, (with the exception of fear or aggression issues).
Developed over 40 years by the renowned Olde Towne School For Dogs in Alexandria, VA, and then refined into the Mann’s Best programs and principles taught here at L.A. School for Dogs.
Privates Obedience Program
Positively based series of 6 one-hour sessions at our location designed for do-it-yourself-ers who want a more hands-on approach. If you have the time to work with your dog at least two times per day while in training, this course may be for you.
- Receive the same advanced curriculum and problem solving we strive for in our Three Week Program.
- This course is airline approved professional obedience and includes completion certificate.
Access all Jennifer Mann’s lesson plans and training videos that make L.A. School for Dogs so popular!
- A very affordable option if you live more than 50 miles away from our school.
- For those who prefer a “home schooling alternative.
Off Leash Training
Yes, we CAN! This course requires completion of our basic dog obedience course and prior approval.
Call NOW to schedule your complimentary evaluation!
L. A. School for Dogs commonly serves customers from
Oxnard, Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks and Agoura Hills,
to Calabasas, Woodland Hills, West Hills and beyond.