Proven Three-Week Program
We do the dog training for you during the day at our beautiful location in Westlake Village, and then teach you enough to maintain it! With this course you’ll achieve the results of board and train, without the cost or drawbacks of sending your pet away.
AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION IS NEEDED BEFORE BEING CONSIDERED FOR THIS PROGRAM
- Pets are home with you nights and weekends to prevent stress to your pet.
- The money you save is the cost that is normally associated with boarding your pet nights and weekends while training elsewhere. Here, we only keep your dog during the day like kids that are dropped at school.
Achieve the basics of advanced dog obedience PLUS most problem solving in just three weeks. Includes:
- 36 lessons for your dog Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 3:00pm.
- 3 one-hour owner/handler lessons on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
- heel (walking at your side with a loose leash).
- sitting automatically when you stop walking.
- sit-stay, down, down-stay and come from 15′ with distractions.
- go-to-place, drop-it etc.
- first-time responsiveness.
- patience and self control.
How do we do it?
- Dogs are immersed in practicing calm behavior!
- Dogs learn there is a time to be patient because the fun will follow!
- Dogs practice calm behaviors outside in the real world, and right along side of other dogs.
- Parental lessons begin as soon as day 4 to affect transfer of new behaviors to home and parents (parental involvement required).
- Dogs are transitioned off of treats by the end of the course, (with some exceptions like fear or aggression issues).
Developed over 40 years by the renowned Olde Towne School For Dogs in Alexandria, VA, and then refined into the Mann’s Best programs and principles taught here at L.A. School for Dogs. Results may vary.